Pages

Site Build It!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Woman of God

Beloved Woman, I have listened to you and heard you speak of the Fire of God’s Love, that is aflame in your heart. I heard how the Word of God is aflame in your whole being and in the words of your mouth; and with the disciples I say, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he was talking to us on the road, while he was opening the scriptures to us?"(Luke 24:32, NRSV And now am I so inspired that my utmost desire is to become a Living Flame of Love.

Beloved Woman, I close my eyes and see across the whole world multitudes whose hearts are on fire with the same fire of love flowing from the same wellspring of love from whom comes the words and prayer of love that have risen from your heart to your lips and through your writings. And I delight in what my heart sees; I rejoice for you and with you. You are likewise blessed among women.

Beloved woman, you who have remain unsung hero, hidden saint except to those who drink from the cup of your day to day kindness and faithful love in season or out of season, in joy and in sorrow; you whose hearth never burns out despite the challenge of daily living; you whose life is a fireside where warmth issues forth to those you love and cherish within your home and beyond; know that whoever you are, you live and love fired by the same Sacred Heart whose flame of love makes us all one in Him. We are bound by the same basic element – the fire of God’s love.

Fire in My Heart: Keys to Living a Life of Love and Prayer)

No comments:

Post a Comment